The sagre (festivals) are an expression of the wine and food culture of Matera and its province.
Every year there are many festivals in the province of Matera in Basilicata. The month in which they are held is almost the same every year (for seasonal products or celebratory occasion), but the dates may vary
Sagre around Matera in the month of May
- Sagra Carne E Vino, in Bernalda
Sagre around Matera in the month of June
- Sagra Dell'albicocca, in Rotondella. More informations http://www.basilicatanet.it/
Sagre around Matera in the month of August
- Sagra Del Cinghiale, in Bernalda. More informations http://www.comune.bernalda.matera.it/
- Sagra Del Vino E Della Lumaca, in Irsina. More informations http://www.terradisud.com/
- Sagra Delle Orecchiette, in Nova Siri
- Sagra Dell'involtino, in Gorgoglione. More informations http://www.prolocogorgoglione.com/
Sagre around Matera in the month of September
- Sagra dei fichi di Montescaglioso, in Montescaglioso
Share your experience with one of #sagre in #Matera @Happings. Send your picture, reports the changes of address and date, suggest the best dishes, invite your friends.
You can find the list of all the events held in Matera at Matera's events page